- About Us
- Our Work
- Get Involved
- What's New
Jobs & Internships
UK Financial Controller- Head Office £20,000 pro rata (24 hours out of 40)
Tasks and Responsibilities: Support the C.O.O. (responsible for Finance):
Report the Global financial performance
- Be the lead on the monthly financial reporting process from the UK team, working alongside the Accountant to ensure the monthly Management Accounts and Finance Report are prepared accurately and on a timely basis
- Prepare a quarterly rolling Global forecast of the financial years regional operational budget and variance analysis.
- Maintain accurate records of all financial transactions following Renewable World financial policy and guidelines.
- Assist in supporting information for the annual statutory audits and compliance audits.
- Strengthen our systems and processes where appropriate
Programme financial management
- Ensure all regional project financial reporting is reviewed on a quarterly basis with implementing project managers/regional financial controllers.
- Calculate and allocate quarterly the restricted expenditure to project funds and transfer to the requisite projects and donors.
- Work with the Grants Manager to ensure all financial reports are submitted accurately and on time to donors with sufficient variance analysis and context to enable transparency.
- Assist in the preparation of project budgets and review cost recoveries.
- Providing support and critical review on project funding proposals.
- Budgeting and cost centre management.
- Payment processing for operations and projects in accordance with policies and payment authorities.
- Financial management – perform and , or ,review monthly operational petty cash and bank reconciliations.
- Forecast global operational and project funding requirements and cashflow.
- Manage inter-entity loan accounts.
- Manage donor financial reporting, including income, debt and deferred income accurately and timely in accordance with each donors requirements.
Essential competency and experience requirements
- Qualified accountant (e.g. one of: ACA, CIMA, CPA, ACCA)
- Educated to Bachelor’s degree level in relevant discipline
- Strong financial analytical and problem solving skills
- Functional knowledge of financial accounting systems and advanced Microsoft Excel skill.s
- Understanding of project accounting.
- Must be flexible, adaptable, and quick to learn in our fast paced dynamic environment (arising out of the new projects and relationships).
- Keen attention to accounting detail and a commitment to continuous improvement
- Ability to prioritise and deliver results on time.
- Effective communicator (including excellent written and verbal English) as demonstrated on financial and narrative reporting, and verbal skills.
Desirable competency and experience requirements
- Experience of donor fund (grant) accounting.
- Relevant international NGO and major donor (e.g. EU/DFID/USAID) experience.
- Financial analysis experience.
How to apply:
Closing Date: 31st May 2015
Send a 1 page coverting letter and an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Internships at Renewable World
If you are interested in volunteering with us please send your CV and a discription of your skills and experience to email@example.com
We are delighted to receive pro-bono recruitment support from:
Lime Search, a boutique executive search firm focused on recruiting senior professionals into the energy sector. As well as professional support, Lime Search staff each volunteer one day a month at Renewable World's Brighton office.
En-Spiral, the renewable, energy and low-carbon recruitment specialists, who provide pro-bono recruitment services to Renewable World as part of their commitment to corporate social responsibility.
Matchtech offers specialist engineering recruitment services to the UK renewable energy industry, and provide pro-bono recruitment services for our technical roles.